Pastoral/Rabbinic Ministry Internship
Tikvat Yisrael Messianic Jewish Synagogue in Lyndhurst, Ohio
Pastoral/Rabbinic Messianic Ministry and Leadership (For ordination as a Messianic Rabbi, interns would need to take classes offered through IMACS/MJAA).
· Help teach classes for new believers
· Assist with discipleship efforts
· Will learn about teaching & preaching from a Messianic perspective and will deliver at least one sermon at a Shabbat service during his or her internship
· Will become familiar with the liturgy for Shabbat and special services.
· Will be involved in Jewish Prayer Services
· Will assist with ministry to the elderly
· Will assist with hospital/hospice visitations
· Be involved in lifecycle events, celebrations, and services of the congregation such as births, bar/bat mitzvahs, baptisms, weddings, anniversaries, and funerals.
· Be involved in the Jewish feasts/holidays services and celebrations
· Attend ministry head meetings at Tikvat
· Attend community pastor’s meetings
· Will have the opportunity to attend Messianic conferences if they are held during a student’s internship
Tikvat is open to ATS students doing a short-term (one semester) or longer-term (two to six semesters) internship at the synagogue. During the internship, students will have many opportunities for hands-on ministry experiences and to be immersed in the Jewish culture.
Context of Our Ministry
There are approximately 100,000 pre-believing Jews in the Cleveland area. The Vision Statement of Tikvat Yisrael is: "To know the Messiah Yeshua, and to make Him Known, in Cleveland. To the Jew first, and also to the non-Jew” (Romans 1:16). Messianic Judaism is a Biblically-based movement of people who, as committed Jews, believe in Yeshua (Jesus) as the Jewish Messiah of Israel of whom the Jewish Law and Prophets spoke. There are now hundreds of thousands of Messianic Jews in the United States alone; some estimate as many as 200,000. Messianic synagogues are springing up in almost every major city across the U.S., and Messianic Judaism is quickly growing in other nations throughout North and South America, Europe, and the former Soviet republics. Tikvat Yisrael is a member of the International Alliance of Messianic Congregations & Synagogues (IAMCS) www.iamcs.org, which is under the umbrella of theMJAA, Messianic Jewish Alliance of America www.mjaa.org, of which Tikvat is also a member.
Tikvat Yisrael (Hope of Israel) continually strives to impact the local and international community with the message of Messiah Yeshua (Jesus). This is accomplished through our weekly and special services/events, observance of Jewish festivals and feasts, onegs (congregational meals), Havurah groups (Bible study/share groups), men’s and women’s groups, drama ministry, children’s ministry, and so on, and through our programs such as Intercessors for Israel, Cleveland Joseph Project, lay ministry program through our Yeshiva (school), and various mission and charitable organizations we support.
Interested students should contact:
Dr. Deborah Burd, D.Min., Rosh Yeshiva
Tikvat Yisrael Messianic Jewish Synagogue
1370 Richmond Road, Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124