The following is the doctrinal statement for Fox Valley Christian Action. All staff (full-time and seasonal) and board members need to affirm these basic doctrinal statements. Please read through these statements thoroughly.
1. We believe that there is one God, who is creator of all things and eternally existent in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2 . We believe that the Bible is God’s Word and that the Holy Spirit directed the human authors so that the original writings are trustworthy and free from error.
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death for mankind, His bodily resurrection, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that mankind was created in the image of God, that all individuals have sinned and therefore separated themselves from a personal relationship with God, and that eternal reconciliation and reunion with God is possible only through an individual’s personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
5. We believe that the Holy Spirit has a present ministry of guiding and enabling the Christian to proclaim the Good News of Christ and to minister to the whole person whose needs are physical, emotional, mental, psychological and spiritual.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ will return to receive to Himself those who have trusted in Him; and that those who have rejected His salvation will be separated from Him forever.
WHO WE ARE: We fundamentally believe that mentally challenged persons have spiritual needs that are as valid as anyone else in the body of Christ. The Special Gathering is a cross cultural ministry that disciples and evangelizes the mentally challenged community.
Location: The Intern will serve the Special Gathering in the Space Coast area of Florida.
Dates of Position: May 2014 - May 2015
Duration of lnternship: 12 months
Detailed information and application process are available for download.
Attached is the current recruitment flier we are using. Please keep us in mind for students seeking service & volunteer opportunities. These opportunities can lead to permanent, FT positions with Maggie's Place.
The Student Roundtable was formed in 2008 to give students a voice. Eight to ten students with a GPA of 2.7 or higher will be selected to serve on the 2012-2013 Student Roundtable.
Student must be enrolled for a minimum of 8 hours per quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring). Roundtable members will work on projects to be determined by the advisor and the Roundtable members.
In return for their active participation, students will be awarded a partial scholarship of $1,500 to be divided between the following quarters: Fall 2012, Winter 2013, and Spring 2013.Glenn Black email@example.com 419-289-5151
To submit an opportunity, please send an email to Susan Icenhour with the following information:
Note that all positions will be posted for 60 days unless notified that they have been filled.Email Susan