GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: This position will introduce young people to Christ by planning and leading youth programming for children. Using a balanced approach of spiritual, physical, social, and academic programs, this position will help strengthen the children’s spiritual growth and train them to serve Christ with their lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the Teaching and Learning Ministry, develop and implement a balanced youth ministry that teaches children about God’s love and introduces biblical principles . Programming typically includes Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Confirmation Classes, summer camp, etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with kids, both churched and unchurched
- Serve as a strong Christian role model
- In conjunction with the Teaching and Learning Ministry, actively recruit and coordinate adult volunteers to assist with programming
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents/guardians
- Assure church youth are taught and charged in an age appropriate manner with their responsibility to missions and outreach
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries
- Participate in continuing education events and training opportunities to develop youth ministry programming
- Keep records of all youth participation
- Assure proper care of facilities used by youth programming
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings
- Assist the Senior Pastor as required, including filling in for the Pastor during assigned vacations
This position requires great flexibility in working hours, including evenings and weekends. The actual number of hours required during any given week are those necessary to fulfill the needs of the job. It is to be recognized that the working schedule of the successful candidate may vary by week and by season of the year.
DATE OF QUESTIONNAIRE DEVELOPMENT: March, 2015
Job title: Teen Programming Leader(s)Seasonal Full Time Exempt Position
Dates: Mid-May through mid-August with training TBD in March/April
Department: Programming Reports to: Programming Manager
Summary: Two individuals will be hired to serve in this dual leadership position. They will be responsible for the creation and implementation of teen programming activities in support of the Lakeside Chautauqua mission. They will also supervise and maintain the teen center. The position focuses on reaching teens through relatable programming, in areas including but not limited to: teen ministry, education, arts and recreation. Specific job duties will be assigned based on individual strengths.
Please note: Teen Programming Leaders are expected to work days, evenings, weekends and summer holidays.
Qualifications and Education/Experience:
To perform this job successfully, the individual should:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (To include other duties that may be assigned.)
How to Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, names of three references to Programming Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of Position
To lead junior and senior high students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by developing ministries of discipleship, outreach, and leadership development.
Salary & Time
The Director of Student Ministries is a part-time (20hrs/wk), salaried position at $15,000 annually.
Pastors of Faith UMC & Paradise UMC
Ministry Responsibilities: Students
1. Provide vision and leadership to the junior and senior high student ministry, including students, families, and volunteers.
2. Develop processes:
a. to reach unchurched and under-churched students
b. to lead students into a saving relationship with God through Jesus
c. of student discipleship and growth
d. for student-led ministries
e. to assimilate students into the larger worshiping communities of Faith UMC & Paradise Hill UMC
3. Recruit, train, and empower adult volunteers
4. Work with lead pastor(s) to accomplish the vision and goals of the larger worshiping communities.
5. Work with Director of Children’s Ministry to assimilate pre-youth into the youth ministry.
6. Be present where the students are (schools, sporting events, musicals/plays, etc.).
1. Teacher – ability to teach Scripture and biblical principles in a way that is relevant and meaningful
2. Leader – ability to:
a. Cast & implement vision
b. Set & achieve goals
c. Create & stick to ministry values
d. Develop leaders
e. Think in systems.
3. Administrator – ability to manage & organize information, and communicate it clearly to others.
4. Creative Strategizer – ability to creatively develop strategies for effective, Christ-centered ministries.
5. Connecter – ability to attract, connect to, and develop trust with students, parents, volunteers, and other staff
Expectations & Other Ongoing Responsibilities
1. Has been convicted by the Holy Spirit into a saving-relationship with God through Jesus Christ and seek to grow and mature in that relationship.
2. Work well with others in a team setting.
3. Attend required staff meetings and gatherings.
4. Attend Sunday morning worship at Paradise Hill & Faith UMC’s
5. Give Child Protection Training to volunteers.
6. Abide by all child protection policies.
7. Attend and participate in special events where students and youth may be present.
8. Participate in regular performance evaluations
Be privately and publicly loyal to Christ, the church, and the staff members at Faith & Paradise Hill UMC’s.
To apply: https://form.jotform.com/32328412364146
Summary of position: Embrace the vision of Abigail Ministries, manage the day-to-day activities, and build all facets of Abigail Ministries. Must have a deep commitment to Jesus Christ and agree to our Faith Statement.
Please send resume and/or CV, and cover letter to: email@example.com.
irst Congregational Church is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministry to oversee, plan and direct all junior high/high school-age programs & activities.
The Director of Youth Ministry must possess a desire to encourage and help youth grow in their faith; be a self-starter and highly organized; able to generate new ideas and programs to enhance current programs/activities; plan and execute an annual calendar of events and activities; and work with the Youth Board to develop an annual list of goals and objectives to be carried out during the year.
For a full job description/further information or to apply for the position, please email resume and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to contact Nancy Hartman at: email@example.com or call her at 419-756-3046
The church itself is a small congregation (40 adults, 10 youth. majority adult members are Koreans) and growing now with tremendous potential as multi-cultural church.
We have about 10 youth students who are waiting for a pastor nourishing with the words of God. Our youth group has a counselor who is leading Bible study and praise.
* Leading and preaching a Sermon in English for Youth on Sunday morning service. (service time 10:30 – 11:30)
Pay: *$200 per month. (We are going to raise up. Now it is our best ).
There are sheep looking for a shepherd nourishing with God’s words.
Please pray for our church and youth group, if you are interesting
Please e-mail to me(senior pastor Daniel Hong Kim. firstname.lastname@example.org).
And visit to our homepage www.onezionchurch.org.
To submit an opportunity, please send an email to Susan Icenhour with the following information:
Note that all positions will be posted for 60 days unless notified that they have been filled.Email Susan