Principle Functions: The Counselor/social worker will address the various emotional and mental health needs of clients seeking support and treatment.
Reports to: This person will report to the Clinical Director as well as the Executive Director.
Qualifications: The applicant should:
1. Be a committed Christian who exhibits a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of life.
3. Have a sincere desire to reach out with the love of Jesus to people in distress.
4. Agree to and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and policies of Oaks.
5. Should have a degree in mental health, social work, or related field of education along with two years of experience.
1. Will provide individual, family, and marriage counseling;
2. Will facilitate, supervise and train volunteers who are providing educational trainings, support or recovery programs;
3. Will Direct and manage the Supervised Visitation Program;
4. Attends community meetings and represents Oaks in community functions as needed;
5. Will participate in grant writing, administration, and management;
6. Participate as needed in various fund raising activities;
7. Will maintain up-to-date records and files;
8. Will maintain ethical state standards of clinical service;
9. Other tasks as identified.
Contact: Oaks Family Care Center; 330. 22. 7777
Bay United Methodist Church is looking for one to three individuals to fill the following ministries:
Cultivate and coordinate youth and college aged activities including confirmation, youth group, college socials and mission team programs
Help lead and foster family programs and adult discipleship small groups
Work with the Membership & Evangelism Committee to enhance new member ministries
Create and improve communication and publicity both internally and externally, including electronic forms of communication
Hours and wages are commensurate with experience. Employment may be part time to full time dependent upon responsibilities assumed.
1. Grow the worship team by recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians/vocalists in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and compassion to invest in the lives of others.
2. Lead weekly rehearsals that prepare for Sunday and cultivate a Christ-centered community while providing creative and technical guidance to the band, vocalists, sound, & AV team. Attend, participate and assist at the 9 & 11 amiConnect worship services.
3. Schedule musicians, vocalists, announcers and music using Worship Planning with a rolling month lead time.
4. Work with iConnect Lead Team to develop meaningful modern worship including planning & scheduling of all special elements (Visuals, dance, drama, video, stage design, prayer and communion.)
5. Select music, develop worship sets, purchase and introduce new music, for the iConnect service.
6. Explore and suggest creative elements and musical options for possible use in worship.
7. Work with the whole church staff team to advance the mission of the congregation. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Who we are:
Mentor UMC is a large suburban church, east of Cleveland, that offers both traditional and modern worship (iConnect). We have approximately 1600 members, with a weekly attendance of approximately 600.
Interested Candidates: Please submit your resume in PDF or Word form, including 3 references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Attention Director of Modern Worship Search Committee” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos. A full job description will be provided to you upon application.
Please visit our website at mentorumc.org.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Are you wanting to work.....
The Counseling Source, Inc., based in Cincinnati OH, is currently looking for licensed, master’s level professionals to work on a part time or part-to-full time basis providing mental health services in long term care facilities. A love of interacting with people and the ability to work independently are critical along with competence in the use of computers for documentation management.
Other job placement opportunities exist in long term care facilities, schools and other community settings throughout the state of Ohio.
You will be supported by a network of colleagues throughout the company and if you are not independently licensed, the company will provide you with clinical supervision.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in learning more, please visit us on Facebook at The Counseling Source, Inc. or visit our website at http://www.thecounselingsource.com/.
You may submit your resume to Dr. Dave Turner, Executive Director at (800) 738-9854 [FAX] or email@example.com or call him at (513) 314-6027 for more information.
In a sentence:
The purpose of a Care Pastor is to provide pastoral care to church members and support the Lead Pastor in shepherding the church family. New Hope is ideally looking for a retired Pastor who has a desire to continue to serve the local church and could use a supplemental income to their retirement income.
Care Pastor Responsibilities (ongoing role)
Interim Pastor Responsibilities (May 2017 – August 2017)
- Weekly Worship Planning meeting
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Teaching Team meetings
- Has to be a team leader
- Self-starter with an owners work ethic
- Sees a problem and builds the team to fix it
- Has genuine care for people
- Needs to be a good communicator
- Be a team player, willing to step in as needed
Responsible to: Lead Pastor and Executive Director
Time Required: 20-30 hours per week
12 of the most important qualities of the Godly pastor we are seeking.
1. Loves the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Makes pastoral calls on people in hospitals, nursing homes, home bound
3. Handles conflict effectively
4. Is compassionate and caring person, sensitive to other's needs
5. Is a person of prayer
6. Works well with children
7. Is an inspired and compelling preacher
8. Grounds decisions and ministry in Biblical perspective
9. Encourages people to apply their faith in daily life
10. Leads by personal example
11. Ministers effectively to people in crisis
12. Is a mature and emotionally secure person
New Minister must be agreeable to associate with and have the Evangelical Association hold their Ordination Credentials.
Our salary/benefits package is open to changes to suit the individual pastor's needs. The parsonage is a ranch style house, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, an attic room that could be used for another bedroom or a study & a full unfinished basement. a small add-on contains a laundry room & extra room that could be used as an office. There is a 2 car garage on the property and an older unfinished building that could be used as a workshop or extra storage. Utilities are paid. It is on a State route road with school bus and mail routes. It has city water and internet service is available.
Contact: Charles Merckle
Address: 33474 State Route 800
New Matamoras, Ohio 45767
Phone: 740-865-3304 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
This position requires an engaging, vibrant, inclusive person to draw and maintain young adults, 18–34 years old, into the life of a growing church by providing strong faith-based anchors and support. A love of Bible study, worship, music, small groups, outreach/mission, multicultural relations, and fellowship events is a must. Along with other servant leaders, the person must take ministry “to the young adults” in their natural settings, including connecting on college campuses. The position is part of the upper management staffing of the church, with the person being a vital contributor to staff meetings and attending related continuing education. The person will also have oversight of the welcoming and small group ministries of the church and will report directly to the Senior Pastor under the oversight of the Human Relations Sub-team of the Leadership Board.
EXPECTATIONS & COMPENSATION
Please direct inquires to Rev. Dr. Brenda Buckwell, Brenda@lviingstreamsflowingwater.com
Job Type: Twenty hours per week, including Sunday mornings.
This is a key staff position because Broadway Church has a growing population of children and a calling from God to help children know Jesus and grow in faith. Our director will oversee and coordinate the Christian Education program for children from birth through fifth grade, recruit teachers for Sunday morning classes and volunteers to care for children in the nursery, supervise the Vacation Bible School, and coordinate other events for children during the year. The leader will relate well with all ages, train and encourage teachers, be comfortable in a leadership role, be able to share a genuine faith, and work with the staff team to provide experiences for children to grow in fellowship and faith.
Submit Résumés To:
Pastor Mick Foster
Broadway United Methodist Church
120 Church Ave. SE.
New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
Electronic submissions are acceptable at: email@example.com
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION (The main reason for the position, in what context and what is the overall end result)
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20.
SCOPE (The way that the position contributes to and impacts on the organization)
The Youth Coordinator is vital to the overall educational mission of Marion Salem UMC by ensuring quality programs and mentoring for youth in grades 4-12. The role of the Youth Coordinator is to build a sense of community within the youth of the church that provides an opportunity for both spiritual and social development. The Youth Coordinator is an integral part of the staff and, reports directly to the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee
RESPONSIBILITIES (Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities.)
Actively lead the youth program at MSUMC and provide guidance and teaching for its members
• Create a welcoming, fun, and enthusiastic environment for youth to connect with one another and grow in their faith.
• Establish a Youth Council consisting of three adults and three youth from different families.
• Work with Youth Council to develop and publish a yearly plan with regular social, educational, spiritual, and/or mission oriented events meant to develop and maintain a vibrantprogram.
• Ensure that youth are given opportunities to experience servant activities and events on a regular basis, both locally and through an annual work mission event.
• Recruit and train adult mentors to participate in youth activities.
• Teach the Jr and Sr High Sunday school class.
• Partner with the pastor to lead a confirmation program that meets the needs of confirmands.
• Attend staff meetings as directed by the Senior Pastor to communicate and connect youth activities to the broader themes of the church.
• Develop and manage an annual budget as it relates to youthactivities, and provide updates at Administrative Council meetings.
Build strong relationships with the youth and their families
• Grow the emerging youth program by proactively reaching out to youth within the church to assess their spiritual needs and encourage them to participate in activities like worship, Sunday school, youth group, retreats, mission trips, etc.
• Establish and maintain supportive appropriate relationships with youth and their families (for example, attending events of importance in their lives).
• Help youth seek, determine, and develop their gifts for ministries both within the church and outside of the church.
• Connect the youth with the various interfaith opportunities in the area and United Methodist Youth activities in the East Ohio Conference.
Encourage growing levels of participation through strong marketing of the program
• Communicate in timely and effective ways with parents, youth and church staff.
• Provide communication and publicity for youth events through the web, social media, email, and monthly newsletter to inform the youth and their families and encourage church-wide support of the youthprogram.
• Plan and carry out purposeful events that provide opportunities for youth to invite unchurched students with the goal of building a growing community of passionate followers of Jesus.
• A personal commitment to Christ and Christian Education and support of the United Methodist tradition.
• Passion for inspiring youth and building relationships and a community of faith
• Experience in Christian education leadership roles
• Experience leading groups of youth—experience as a community service leader or as a youth counselor is preferred.
• Strong organization, planning, and communicationskills
The candidate will be expected to attend at least one major training event or conference annually to continue their own education, and to regularly participate in worship services. The candidate must also read and agree to the Child Protection Policy as adopted by Marion Salem United Methodist Church. This includes agreeing to a background check. Upon selection, the candidate will be required to attain CPRcertification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge of the Holy Bible.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• Ability to administer youthprograms
• Team buildingskills
• Analytical and problem solvingskills
• Decision makingskills
• Effective verbal, presentation and listening communicationsskills
• Effective negotiation and mediationskills
• Effective written communicationsskills
• Basic counselingskills
• Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and website development programs at a highly proficient level
• Stress management skills
The incumbant must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
(The unavoidable, externally imposed conditions under which the work must be performed and which create hardship for the incumbent including the frequency and duration of occurrence of physical demands ,environmental conditions, demands on one’s senses and mental demands.)
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue)
The Youth Coordinator may deliver programs in a variety of locations and may have to transport, lift and carry equipment and supplies. The Youth Coordinator will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain, and may also be involved in a number of high energyactivities.
(The nature of adverse environmental conditions affecting the incumbent)
The Youth Coordinator may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs of youth and organizations. The Youth Coordinator may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
(The nature of demands on the incumbent’s senses)
Sensory demands include use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches. The youth activities may be noisy and busy making it difficult to concentrate.
(Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue)
The Youth Coordinator deals with youth who can, from time to time, be demanding and challenging. The Youth Coordinator must remain patient and committed to the activities, and may have to engage in conflict resolution or crisis management attimes.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Flexible work schedule of 20 hours per week
• Depending on qualifications, starting salary is between $18,000-$20,000 per year
• Benefits include 40 hours paid time off and national holidays as designated by the SPRC
Please contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Church: Calvary Chapel
Position: Senior Pastor
Location: Jackson Township
8151 Stuhldreher St NW
Massillon, Ohio 44646
Services: 9:30 AM - Sunday School
10:45 AM - Sunday Worship Service
6:30 PM - Wednesday various Bible Studies and programs for youth
Profile: Non-denominational church founded in 1964.
Our Doctrinal Statement and further information can be found on our website. Chapel has capacity up to 400 people for worship service as well as gymnasium that is used additional activities and ministries.
Membership: Membership has fluctuated over the history of the church and currently stands at 85 members with attendance varying 85 to 115
To Inquire - Please
Contact: Greg Vogelgesang, Board Chairman
Darren Boyle, Board Member
Martins Creek currently has an opening for a quarter-time position to oversee their children’s ministries (Preschool – 6th Grade). In addition to the salary, Martins Creek is also willing to help with any educational expenses for anyone wanting to take college or seminary classes while filling this position. It is the perfect opportunity for anyone wanting to gain ministry experience or for any current students needing financial help with tuition.
In addition, Martins Creek also provides paid internship opportunities for students wanting to explore and gain experience in various fields of ministry.
The Greenmount Church of the Brethren near Harrisonburg, Virginia is seeking a full time pastor. If interested please contact Matt Morris at Greenmount COB 540.833.5251
Garber (Ashland, OH) The Garber Pastor Selection Committee is now accepting résumés and Pastor Profiles from interested candidates for full-time pastor. Information can be emailed to the Committee for consideration at email@example.com or call 419-281-3301 to request an application.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree/Ordained Minister (minimum)
Required Experience: Negotiable
Contact: Jean Semonoff, Chairman of Search Committee: 419.756.0103 or Church office: 419.589.6612 for more information.
Complete information available via link:
To submit an opportunity, please send an email to Susan Icenhour with the following information:
Note that all positions will be posted for 60 days unless notified that they have been filled.Email Susan