Magnolia United Methodist Church has an opening for a discipleship director. The main emphasis of this position is to work with a team of volunteers to establish and implement a discipleship pathway to boost persons to a higher level of spiritual maturity and empower them to leadership and service. Within this framework, we also emphasize empowering young parents in their Christian role. This position is part-time requiring approximately 20 hours of service, but can be expanded if the person is willing to work with our youth or provide other needed areas of service in our church. Compensation will be negotiated accordingly.
Interested candidates can request a complete job description by calling the church office at 330.866.3315 or emailing Pastor Steve Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes need to be received before May 13, 2014.
Worship intern who can help direct a band, sing specials and help lead a contemporary service.
Housing is provided as well as a salary for the term of the service. Possibility of internship becoming permanent. We are a congregation of about 250-300 with one full time pastor and a part time secretary. All other positions are volunteer. We use the Purpose Driven Church model developed by Rick Warren at Saddleback Church in California.
Interested candidates should contact Pastor Clif Morris at 440-967-5104.
Salary & Time: The Director of Student Ministries is a salaried position at $15,000 annually, with a $1,200 accountable professional reimbursement fund. It is expected that the Director of Student Ministries will spend between 20-25 hours weekly in student ministry.
Reports to: Lead pastor and Committee on Staff-Parish Relations
1. Provide vision and leadership to the junior and senior high student ministry, including
students, families, and volunteers.
2. Develop processes:
a. to reach unchurched and under-churched students
b. to lead students into a saving relationship with God through Jesus
c. of student discipleship and growth
d. for student-led ministries
e. to assimilate students at youth group into the larger worshiping community
3. Recruit, train, and empower adult volunteers
4. Work with lead pastor to accomplish the vision and goals of the larger worshiping
5. Work with Director of Children’s Ministry to assimilate pre-youth into the youth ministry.
6. Be present where the students are (schools, sporting events, musicals/plays, etc.).
1. Teacher – ability to teach Scripture and biblical principles in a way that is relevant and
2. Leader – ability to:
a. Cast & implement vision
b. Set & achieve goals
c. Create & stick to ministry values
d. Develop leaders
e. Think in systems
3. Administrator – ability to manage & organize information, and communicate it clearly to
4. Creative Strategizer – ability to creatively develop strategies for effective, Christ-centered
5. Connecter – ability to attract, connect to, and develop trust with students, parents,
volunteers, and other staff.
Expectations & Other Ongoing Responsibilities:
1. Has been convicted by the Holy Spirit into a saving-relationship with God through Christ.
2. Growing and maturing in the faith.
3. Work well with others in a team setting.
4. Attend required staff meetings and gatherings.
5. Attend Sunday morning worship.
6. Give Child Protection Training to volunteers.
7. Abide by all child protection policies.
8. Attend and participate in Faith UMC events where students and youth may be present.
9. Be a part of the teaching/preaching team.
10. Participate in regular performance evaluations.
11. Be privately and publicly loyal to Christ, the church,and Faith UMC staff.
WCC is located in Warsaw, IN about half way between Ft. Wayne and South Bend. Our non-denominational church has a current average attendance of about 2,750 each Sunday.
Position Title: Associate Pastor of Discipleship
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Original Definition: 1/29/14
The purpose of this full time pastoral position is to assist the Lead Pastor carrying out the vision and mission of WCC. There will be a focus on the implementation of Equipping the Church, WCC’s discipleship program.
This salaried position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week to perform. Work days will typically be Monday through Friday. Flexibility in work hours and days including evenings and weekends, subject to ministry needs is a must.
Candidates are asked to email their resumes to: Warsaw Community Church, Attn: Billy Smith, Pastor of Operations, 103 Enterprise Drive, Warsaw, IN 46580
Church website: http://wcccconnect.com
Bethany Christian Church is seeking a Youth Ministry Intern. To obtain more information please contact the church at 216.341.1132 or Harry Hempfill at 216.662.3128.
FIRELANDS COUNSELING AND RECOVERY SERVICES is expanding their service area and have several opportunities available:
Amherst, OH - Home-Based Therapist
Sandusky, OH - Outpatient Therapist; Hotline Worker
Port Clinton, OH - Site Director; CPST Manager
Norwalk, OH - Outpatient Therapist
Fostoria, OH - CPST Manager
Fremont, OH - Day ES/REP Therapist Psych RN; Home-Based Therapist
Tiffin, OH - AoD Services Coordinator; Home-Based Therapist; CPST Manager
For more information on a position or to apply for a position, go to: www.firelands.jobs
Killbuck Church of Christ in Killbuck Ohio is accepting resumes from interested candidates for a position in a small town church for a pastor. A lovely parsonage in a nice country village with church average attendance of 100 ..Looking for a pastor who is interested in youth as well as seniors.
Interested candidates can send letter of interest to:
10527 C R #6
Killbuck Oh 44637
email: email@example.com or call 330- 763-4483
Please contact Pastor David Hughes for more information or to apply: 216.551.6250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Dr. Wanda Sprinkle to apply and for further information: email@example.com or 419.709.1435.
The Iona Project at Cal Farley’s offers unique one-year youth ministry internships— youth ministry that flows out of a life of prayer with others.
The program pursues a robust integration of theologically informed youth ministry and intentional Christian living through these 3 primary components:
• Intentional Spiritual Formation
• Trauma-informed Childcare Training
• Youth Ministry Conduction
Paid one-year internships with housing are awarded (six available) to candidates accepted into the program. Those completing all requirements of the program will receive a "Certificate in Spiritual Formation & Youth Ministry" from the Cal Farley’s Childcare
• Completing the full program year in residence at Cal Farley's.
• 1000 supervised youth ministry hours.
• 500 hours of directed spiritual formation.
• No less than 100 hours of trauma-informed childcare training.
• A capstone paper addressing "The Theology of Trauma-Informed Care."
Cal Farley's is one of America's largest privately-funded child and family service providers specializing in both residential and community-based services at no cost to the families of children in our care.
More information can be found at beformed.org
Better Life Church is a new church being planted on the southeast side of Grand Rapids, Michigan – a growing and thriving community!
We are planting in association with ARC (Association of Related Churches).
We believe there’s a better life available to everyone.
Jesus said “The thief has come to kill and destroy, but I have come that you might have it abundantly (BETTER).” John 10:10
Vision: Bringing people together to be Christ followers, generously sharing with one another and experiencing the wonders and worship of God. C.f. Acts 2:42-47
“Loving God, Loving People, Loving Life”
We have a ground breaking opportunity to serve God in a new start up church, taking Kingdom ground by joining a team of people to offer our community the better life that is only found in Jesus Christ.
We have opportunities to serve on our Launch Team and on our Dream Team.
Receiving this information may be God’s call upon your life to do something significant in reaching our world for the Lord Jesus Christ!
Director of Teen Ministries
Description: The Director of Teen Ministries would be responsible for the development and administration of Better Life Church’s Teen Ministries Department (E-T early Teens and High School).
Goal: Create a youth ministry that exists to SHARE Christ with students, CONNECT them with other Christians, EQUIP them in their faith, and challenge them with opportunities to SERVE others and CELEBRATE God with their lives.
Time Commitments: Sunday morning (10-noon); and possibly Wednesday evenings 7:00 – 8:00. At least 3-4 contact hours. Sufficient time for preparation and bi-monthly outings of at least 2-3 hours. * These contact hours are negotiable based upon college and/or work schedules.
-- Attend leadership meetings (usually once every 5-6 weeks) – length 1.5- 2 hours.
Contact / outreach to teens (grades 6 - 12)
Spiritual Development of Teens
Organize activities for young people (food, fun, fellowship)
Plan quarterly “big” events to draw/attract new prospects
Follow-up prospects and help them assimilate to the church
This person should have a passion to reach out to young people and help them connect with God and point them to spiritual growth opportunities. A degree in secondary education is a plus but not required.
Added comment: This opportunity is of a “pioneering” nature. What we are praying for is a person with a vision of building from the ground up a dynamic youth ministry that can truly impact lives!
Compensation. This position is presently volunteer and is for our pre-launch and launch date. With church growth, it is our plan to offer compensation.
Contact by phone for appointment or send resume to:
Better Life Church
7051 Shady Knoll Drive s.e.
Caledonia, MI 49316
Clint Abbott, Lead Pastor
(616)550-1067 (call or text)
Hours and Compensation:
Full Time. Salary $36,000/year plus benefits.
Willing to consider part-time start for senior theological students.
Minimum 1-2 year experience in youth ministry leadership plus significant seminary or theological training. Relocation required.
Description & Details:
Wellington FirsWellington First UMC loves kids and youth. Our active junior high / high school ministry is now seeking a youth leader with a Christ-like love for youth and a passion to share the Gospel to help youth experience the transforming power of God and help them to walk in a daily relationship with Jesus.
Pray individually and collectively for the youth and all ministries of the church. Conduct regular meetings including games, songs, worship sessions, Bible-based lessons, social gatherings, prayer sessions, breaking bread together, local mission work, small groups and the prayer partner program. Create an atmosphere for students to learn and grow in a safe environment.
Be a positive role model for Christ-centered life. This should include attending our worship regularly and encouraging youth church attendance, and also consistently attending to his or her spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional health and growth.
Build and maintain relationships with youth in and outside the church setting (school activities, hanging out, visiting, staying in contact). Develop relationship with local school systems. Actively work with other community and Christian youth leaders for the benefit of youth in the Wellington community. Build and maintain quality relationships and avenues of consistent contact with parents, encouraging participation in spiritual growth of their kids.
In harmony with the Senior Pastor, participate in the general ministry of the church as needed.
Serve as a member of “Solid Rock” Youth Ministry Committee, Youth Council, and Wellington First Methodist Education Committee. Work with “Solid Rock” Youth Ministry committee for support and guidance in planned activities, program emphases, and settings for youth ministry in the Wellington First United Methodist Church.
The Orrville Christian Church, Orrville, Ohio is seeking a full-time Worship Minister to provide overall vision, leadership, and development of the worship ministry. The individual must set a good example in the areas of spiritual disciplines, relationships, commitment, and follow-through.
Talents and Abilities Desired: good organizational skills, technologically savvy, knowledge in music theory, effective worship leader, an accomplished musician, strong vocal ability, capable on multiple instruments (guitar and/or piano preferred), team player and team builder.
Education/Experience Desired: Christian/Bible college degree preferred, leadership/worship leading experience preferred.
Supervises/Leads: worship planning team, greeters, ushers, band, ensemble/vocalists, sound & tech, drama, multimedia.
Salary: competitive salary will be commensurate with experience and skill.
General Info: OCC has a 111 year history, located in hometown of Smucker's, 25 miles west of Akron/Canton and 50 miles south of Cleveland, average Sunday worship attendance: 500, 1st service blended - 2nd service contemporary.
If you possess the above qualities and wish to apply, please submit the following items; resume with cover letter; references; and DVD of you leading worship.
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via mail: Orrville Christian Church
ATTN: Jim Mankins, Elder
925 N. Elm Street
Orrville, OH 44667
CenterPoint Church is looking for an intern to cover the Lead Pastor's sabbatical from May 18, 2014 through mid-August. Duties would include providing the weekly message on Sunday and daily pastoral duties (assisted by the lead team).
All interested persons should contact Pastor Dave Jansen (614.271.7464) to apply.
Summary of Position: 15 hours per week (7.5 at the church and 7.5 for preparation, planning, and communication) Compensation up to $750.00 per month depending on availability and education/experience; hours and compensation are negotiable for the right person. We are looking for someone with fresh new ideas with a caring heart for the youth and children in our community. We need someone who can work without supervision but is willing to be accountable to the church board and leadership. A full job description is available.
Opportunity Location: Pittsfield Community Church is located 26 miles northeast of the Seminary. We are a rural group of people with an average attendance of 94 for worship and 32 for Sunday school.
How to Apply: If interested contact Pastor Jonathan Cheatham at email@example.com or 440-574-1648. You may send a resume and cover letter to: Pittsfield Community Church Youth Pastor search committee 17026 State Route 58 Wellington, Ohio 44090.
The Linwood Park Council of Christian Life is seeking a self-motivated, outgoing individual with a heart for sharing the Gospel with children and youth to lead a summer youth and family ministry. This ministry is part of the larger ministry of the Council, which includes interdenominational worship, study and fellowship opportunities for the families who spend all or part of their summer at Linwood Park. The Park is located on the shore of Lake Erie in Vermilion, Ohio, and after 130 years continues as the vacation destination for families seeking to enjoy the lake, beach and Christian fellowship .
The objective of the youth and family ministry is to utilize the unique aspects of Linwood to create fun, age specific programs that will attract children and youth, facilitate the building of friendships, and create opportunities to assist families to instill Christian values in their children regardless of their faith background. The director will be responsible for developing a program that best utilizes his/her talents to achieve the objectives of the Council. The director is assisted in the execution of the program by one or two part time, teenaged assistants. The activities of the director and assistants are supervised by the Park Pastor.
The director will work 30 to 40 hours per week with one day off.
Seminary Student. ( Preferred with potential for internship) or a junior or senior in the Religion Department having experience working with youth.. (Acceptable)
A strong background in Scripture, and the ability to apply it to life situations.
Demonstrated leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
Demonstrated experience working with children and teens.
Available occasionally during March through May to develop program details.
On site from at least mid-June through mid-August.
Salary commensurate with qualifications
For additional information or to apply send resume to Carolyn Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will provide three letters from individuals who can attest to the faith, character, and experience of the applicant.
On-campus interview of all applicants.
Personal interview for final candidates.
Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check
THERAPIST –INDEPENDENT LICENSE– WASHINGTON COUNTY
Outpatient Therapist: Full Time 40 hours per week. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified mental health professional to join a multi-disciplinary team in Belpre, Ohio. Therapist will primarily serve youth and families in an outpatient setting.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s Degree in a mental health related field with independent licensure by the Ohio CSWMFT Board. Specialty training and/or license in addictions preferred. Empanelment with private insurance companies a plus.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary including health, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, sick, 401 k retirement plan, and more.
This position is NHSC Loan Repayment eligible.
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
New Hope Church is looking for a Worship Leader Intern for our Northwestern Campusnear West Salem. We are a growing church that has great clarity in our mission and our movement. It is our desire to multiply our church movement by creating worship gatherings that engage a lost culture while encouraging the body of believers. If you enjoy worshiping to songs by Hillsong United, Chris Tomlin, Elevation Worship, etc… then you might be a fit for our worship ministry. We have a very modern auditorium where we create an intimate environment for our weekend worship gatherings. This internship is for our Northwestern Campus worship ministry.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is wanting more experience in honing their worship leading skills and general leadership skills.
This is currently an unpaid intership position with hours (5-10hrs) depending on your availability.
There may also be the possibility of free housing (parsonage) starting March 2014.
Responsibilities could include:
Reporting Relationships: Pay Status: Salary
• Primary: Lead Pastor
Employment Status: Full-time Average Work Schedule: 45-50 hours/week
Main Objective: To lead Village Chapel UMC in reaching out to children (Birth-5th Grade) and raising up disciples (fully-devoted followers) for Jesus Christ. And to lead Village Chapel UMC in recruiting, equipping, and deploying servants (volunteers) in ministry.
Key Result Area 1: Design and Implementation
Design, implement, and manage a Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered children’s ministry responsive to the direction of the Lead Pastor and in coordination with the Children’s Ministry Board.
1. Work with the existing teams to define the current ministry plan and to clarify the long term vision for children’s ministry through Village Chapel.
2. Write a Children’s Ministry Management Plan [Strategy] outlining Village Chapel’s strategy to reach out to children and to raise up children as disciples for Jesus Christ.
3. Implement the Children’s Ministry Management Plan [Strategy] through
action plans [strategies] and scheduling.
Key Result Area 2: Ministry Leaders, Teachers, Servants & Teams
Develop the Children’s Ministry Board and teams of people (leaders, teachers, and servants) who will work together to design and to implement the children’s ministry management plan.
1. Create and maintain current ministry position descriptions for leaders, teachers, and servants.
2. Recruit, train, and empower leaders, teachers, and servants for ministry with children making sure all ministries (nursery through 5th grade) are adequately staffed.
3. Supervise leaders, teachers, and servants empowering them to organize and execute ministry events.
4. Resource, evaluate, and appreciate leaders, teachers, and servants with a focus on meeting an annual retention goal.
5. Meet with the Children’s Ministry Board at least 3 times each year.
6. Meet with each ministry team as needed.
Key Result Area 3: Outreach/Radical Hospitality (Outward)
Cultivate a contagious inviting atmosphere with multiple opportunities for children to experience God’s grace.
1. Design and implement a communication strategy to invite children throughout the community and within the church family. Update these communication channels on a regular basis.
2. Design and implement a follow-up strategy to celebrate children and express God’s love to them. Examples may include: first visit, second visit, third visit follow-up contacts; birthday cards; random contacts; “missing you” contacts.
3. Implement and oversee a welcoming registration (check-in/check-out) process.
4. Design ministries (short-term and long-term) with a constant focus on who should be invited (and how) and how to reach into new areas of the community.
Key Result Area 4: Faith Nurture and Discipleship (Inward)
Lead Leaders, Teachers, and Servants in discipling children in a growing relationship with God equipping the children with a comprehensive knowledge of God’s character, Scripture, and the Plan of Salvation.
1. Design a scope and sequence across the spectrum of children’s ministry based on childhood development models for the purpose of spiritually developing children.
2. Select quality curriculum based on this scope and sequence.
3. Design and implement multiple “on ramps” to reach children. Examples include ongoing ministries like Sunday School, Jr. Church, and CIA; and short-term ministries like Vacation Bible School and After School Kids Club.
4. Utilize the scope and sequence for ministry evaluation.
5. Coordinate with the Discipleship Coordinator to equip parents to disciple their children at home.
Key Result Area 5: Children in Ministry (Upward)
Lead Leaders, Teachers, and Servants in challenging children to glorify God by using their gifts as missionaries for God by serving others and sharing the faith in the name of Jesus.
1. Challenge on-going ministries to engage the children in a mission project once each quarter (ranging from in-class projects connected to the lesson to “field trips”).
2. Equip leaders to implement special ministry opportunities for the children.
Example may include: Children’s Christmas Play/Musical/Program.
Key Result Area 6: Safe Sanctuary
Design, implement, and manage a Safe Sanctuary Policy for Village Chapel
United Methodist Church.
1. Evaluate the existing Safe Sanctuary Policy on a regular basis.
2. Update the policy as needed.
3. Work with leaders throughout Village Chapel to consistently live within the bounds of the Safe Sanctuary Policy.
Key Result Area 7: Administration and Public Relations
Attend to the administrative responsibilities required to support the children’s ministry and arrange for clear, repetitive communication throughout the church.
1. Provide monthly reports to the Lead Pastor and meet at least monthly with the Lead Pastor for goal setting, reporting, evaluation, problem solving, and prayer support.
2. Work with the Lead Pastor to maintain a current Position Description and Action Plan.
3. Interpret and communicate the vision of the children’s ministry throughout Village Chapel.
4. Represent Village Chapel on the Foundations to Grow On Pre-School Board.
5. Oversee finances by assuring a monthly financial report is presented tothe Children’s Ministry Board. Work with ministry teams and the Children’s Ministry Board to establish the Annual Children’s Ministry Budget for submission to the Finance Committee in mid-September.
6. Exemplify servant leadership by actively participating in the staff leadership team.
7. Attend and participate in all worship services and Sunday School/Life Group.
8. Participate in a peer group with children’s ministry directors for encouragement and accountability.
Key Result Area 8: Servant Coordinator
Network people to opportunities to live out their calling and spiritual giftedness.
1. Utilize spiritual gift inventories from the Core Classes and work with the Discipleship Coordinator to identify key opportunities for people to serve Christ.
2. Recruit people to invest their lives for Christ with clear expectations regarding responsibilities, authority, accountability, length of commitment.
3. Retain servants (leaders) by affirming and equipping them.
Education Experience Skill Sets
• Demonstrates a Spirit-filled relationship with Christ and exhibits model
Christian behavior in both his/her actions and words.
• Prefer a degree/training in children’s ministry or related experience.
• Ability to process information and make independent judgments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and needs of others.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Computer literacy (e-mail; MSWord; PowerPoint; webpage editing).
The above position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
This position falls under the procedures and guidelines of the Village Chapel United
Methodist Church employee handbook.
The church's website is: http://www.villagechapelumc.org/
The Student Roundtable was formed in 2008 to give students a voice. Eight to ten students with a GPA of 2.7 or higher will be selected to serve on the 2012-2013 Student Roundtable.
Student must be enrolled for a minimum of 8 hours per quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring). Roundtable members will work on projects to be determined by the advisor and the Roundtable members.
In return for their active participation, students will be awarded a partial scholarship of $1,500 to be divided between the following quarters: Fall 2012, Winter 2013, and Spring 2013.Glenn Black firstname.lastname@example.org 419-289-5151
To submit an opportunity, please send an email to Susan Icenhour with the following information:
Note that all positions will be posted for 60 days unless notified that they have been filled.Email Susan