Eastwood Church of the Brethren is looking to hire an Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Families. Eastwood CoB takes very seriously Jesus' command of making disciples, including teaching the next generation. This especially includes parents teaching their own children, but also includes the covenant familyteaching younger Christians what it means to follow Christ in word and action, the sharing of one's faith with the un-churched in the community, and the usual means of grace within the larger body of Christ, such as biblical preaching, fervent prayer, gospel-oriented relationships, communion, and baptism.
Associate Pastor Job Description
The Associate Pastor position is a part-time (20 hours/week) position. We are seeking a person with a clear call and a passionate desire to minister to youth, college age young people, and young families in our church and in our community. The person who fills this position is responsible to oversee and administrate the youth and young families ministry of Eastwood CoB. This currently includes, but may not be limited to, giving oversight to the development of Sunday school programs, children’s church, VBS, youth groups, and family-oriented ministries. This individual will do this by being hospitable, respectful, peaceful, and self-controlled, using their gifts to bring honor to God.
Our goal as a church is to seek to glorify God by presenting to Him people mature in Christ who take His Gospel into the world. Our ministry to the youth of our church and community therefore takes this as its goal. The way we see this happening is through growth in worship, discipleship, fellowship, service and evangelism. The Associate Pastor must be well-organized and capable of initiating activities. This person must have a great desire to shepherd and train the next generation of God’s flock by overseeing junior and senior high youth ministry, conducting regular meetings and conferences/special events, and by being involved in the local community, forming connections in neighborhoods and schools. The Associate Pastor will be a gifted leader, and be able to teach and apply God’s Word to children, youth, and their families in today’s cultural setting.
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Families is supervised under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
1. The normal workweek for the Associate Pastor shall be approximately 20 total hours. A pastor is always “on call” and available to serve, but not required to always being “on the job.” The following weekly guide to determine a framework of time requirements and scheduling work times is provided but remains flexible:
4 hrs - Children's and Youth Ministry & Pastoral Supervision and Involvement
3 hrs - General Visitation (Visiting with families of children and youth, prospective new families).
10 hrs - Office Time (staff meetings on Tuesdays, ministry preparation, and counseling)
3 hrs - Sunday morning Worship and Sunday school
20 Total Hours
We expect the majority of time to be devoted to children's and youth ministry and their families with the remaining time given to sharing other pastoral work including preaching (6 - 8 times per year), visitation, and counseling.
The Associate Pastor shall be expected to attend the Church Board Meetings (third Tuesday of most months) and the Church Council Meetings (third Sunday of November and May after morning services).
This position provides a part-time salary based upon previous experience and education, as well as paid vacation and retirement benefits based upon CoB Annual Conference Guidelines.
Those wishing to be considered for this position should e-mail their letter of interest and resume to
Pastor Paul Bozman, email@example.com.
Purpose of Position:
To ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to equip children, youth, and young adults for a spiritual life. Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children. Promote personal and spiritual growth, attendance and involvement in programs, Scripture memorization, prayer, and personal Bible reading. Also provide opportunities for ministry leadership, praise and worship, outreach to the community, and a connection to the mission field. To teach a Bible based curriculum and encourage a Biblical based life style among the children, youth, and young adults.
Personnel will be the responsibility of the Education Board, working directly under the supervision of the Senior Pastor. The position will be evaluated every six months.
For further information call Rev. Dr. Edward Peirce at 330-620-3794.
Job Type: Currently three-quarter time. Can possibly be divided or made a full-time position.
This is a key staff position in the life of our congregation. Our director will function with a high level of visibility in the church and community. He/She shall engage our people with opportunities to be introduced to the Gospel, grow in faith, discover gifts for service, and mature in the faith. This leader will relate well with all ages, be comfortable in a leadership role, be able to share a genuine faith and inspire others, and instill an overall excitement about going deeper in faith.
Education and Experience Preferences:
Submit Résumés To:
Rev. Jim Humphrey
First United Methodist Church
201 W. High Avenue
New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
Electronic submissions are acceptable at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Program of Richland County is currently seeking a nonjudgmental, professional counselor to provide counseling services for clients subjected to domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
The Counselor must be qualified to provide counseling/ psychotherapy services (as defined by Ohio Administrative Rule 5122-23-02) with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or a related field and appropriate licensure. The Counselor must have the ability to form therapeutic relationships with a wide variety of individuals from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds. A master’s’ degree is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience/knowledge of trauma. Will provide additional training to appropriate candidate
Katherine Ezawa, MSSA, LSW
The Domestic Violence Shelter, Inc.
P. O. Box 1524
Mansfield, OH 44901
Primary Duty– Under the leadership of the Pastor, to provide Bible-based programming for children in grades 6-12 that encourages spiritual growth and service to others.
EQUIPMENT AND WORK AIDS
All church office equipment and resource material available for use. Additional requests to be submitted through the Pastor and SPR Committee.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Experience and/or demonstrated heart for working with youth. Will consider during interview.
The Youth Director shall be responsible to the leadership team. The Youth Director will be evaluated and reviewed by the Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee on an annual basis. This review will be based on performance of job duties (primary, specific and customary), goals and objectives established, and progress which was made toward said goals and objectives.
Interested persons can contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at Fitchville UMC, 1593 US Rt 250, New London, Ohio 44851.
The Faith Formation Coordinator will provide opportunities for Faith Formation for all ages at Bethany United Church of Christ. (20 hours per week) S/he will work with the Faith Formation Committee to provide and promote a wide range of Faith Formation opportunities. The goal of Faith Formation at Bethany is to make disciples of Christ.
Email resume and cover letter to the attention of Faith Formation Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
All resumes must be emailed no phone calls please.
Current Opportunities Include:
Freemont Office: Therapist (Full Time); Home-Based Therapsit (Full time); Qualified Home Health Specialist (Full time); Coordinator, AoD Services
Sandusky Offices: Therapist (Full Time); Therapist (Part Time); Hotline Worker (PRN); Nurse Practitioner (Full Time)
Norwalk Office: Therapist (Full time); Home-Based Therapist (Full Time); CPST Manager (Full Time)
Port Clinton: Home Based Therapsit (Full Time); Coordinator, OP Mental Health (Full time)
Tiffin Office: AoD Case Manager (Full Time)
Firelands Regional Medical Centers offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Contact us: Firelands Regional Medical Center, 1111 Hayes Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870
Web Site: www.Firelands.jobs
Blue River Church of the Brethren, Columbia City, Indiana, is searching for a full-time pastor for youth and youth adults.
Blue River is one of the more conservative congregations in the Northern Indiana District, and we try to maintain faithful adherence to the historic teachings of the Brethren, including trine immersion baptism for all members, the full Love Feast, the prayer veiling for services, modest dress, and lifetime faithfulness in marriage. Our basic statement of faith is the Brethren Card.
BLUE RIVER CHURCH OF THE BRETHREN
ASSOCIATE PASTOR FOR YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
BENEFITS: Parsonage, Health Coverage, Mileage Reimbursement, and Professional Growth
Blue River Church of the Brethren in Northern Indiana seeks to call an energetic and dynamic man to minister to the youth, young adults and married young adults segment of our church and to grow this segment of the congregation from the surrounding community.
Blue River COB Mission Statement:
Blue River is a church that seeks to worship God Biblically, teach believers the Word of God, and proclaim the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ alone.
1. The primary task of the Associate Pastor is to develop and implement a comprehensive ministry for youth, young adults and married young adults while upholding the New Testament doctrines in preaching, teaching, and life, with special emphasis on the doctrines described in the "Brethren Card."
2. He will identify & reach out to the youth, young adults, and married young adults in the Blue River COB surrounding community so that growth and retention can be achieved in this group of people.
3. He will work to maintain continuity between this ministry and the church as a whole so that the transitions between the various groups are as smooth as possible. He will promote interaction and unity between all age groups within the church.
4. He will work closely on a monthly basis with the Senior Pastor for personal growth and mentoring to ensure spiritual and doctrinal unity among the pastoral staff.
5. He will provide a unified sense of purpose and direction in terms of evangelism, edification, discipleship and such other ministry involvement that serves to stimulate excitement and participation within the church and to attract other young people and their parents to Blue River and ultimately to a saving faith in Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with Him.
6. He will coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth, young adult, and married young adults in partnership with the Christian Education Committee while teaching the young adult/ married young adult.
7. He will participate in worship services as requested, including filling the pulpit (without additional compensation) when the Pastor is away.
8. He will be sensitive to the rich history and culture of Blue River COB while moving forward to minister to and grow the church in today's secular environment.
1. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the Blue River Church of the Brethren's mission statement.
2. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, and volunteers.
3. Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
The position of Associate Pastor for Youth and Young Adults is directed by the Ministerial Committee. The Associate Pastor will communicate regularly with the Senior Pastor, Official Board, Ministerial Committee, and Youth Steering Committee for goal setting, sharing, evaluating, problem solving, and prayer support.
If you are interested in this position, please request a copy of our profile from the
Northern Indiana District Office
162 E. Market Street Nappanee, IN 46550
Craig Alan Myers
Blue River Church of the Brethren
3040 E. 700 North
Columbia City, IN 46725
or e-mail at email@example.com
North Olmsted United Methodist Church
North Olmsted United Methodist Church is seeking an individual with the skills, leadership, and passion to build its youth program.
Sunday Mornings: 9:00 to Noon- Three Hours
Youth Group Meetings: Sunday Evening (or another time)- Three Hours
Attending Various Events: Concerts/Recitals/Sports Events- Three Hours/Week
Recruiting: Recruiting youth and youth leaders - Three Hours/Week
Planning Time: Four Hours/Week
Youth Work Mission Meetings: Three Hours/Month (September- May)
Attend Youth Work Mission: One Week/Year
TOTAL TIME: 16-20 Hrs/Week including some evenings and weekends.
Must be over 23 years of age. Must pass background check. References
Formal Biblical Education and/or Seminary is a plus. Previous experience in youth work is a plus.
Residence in the North Olmsted/Olmsted Falls area is a plus. A United Methodist background/affiliate is a plus.
North Olmsted UMC is seeking to build a program that will attract youth and younger families. We are seeking to hire a youth director whose primary job, at least in the beginning, will be to recruit youth. We expect this person to first get to know the youth in our church; and then, to reach out from there to other youth and families in the communities. We expect that he (she) might work in community youth activities. We also expect that he (she) would attend concerts/plays/recitals/sporting events, etc. to get to know the youth and families.
At the same time, we expect this person to establish and plan high quality events for a church youth group that will attract not only current youth but also their friends. It is expected that the successful candidate would attend Sunday School and Church on Sunday mofnings to assist with youth Sunday School and be present in services. It is also expected that he (she) will take part in our annual week-long Youth Work Mission Trip, to help with planning and work alongside youth and youth leaders. Planning and implementing a yearly youth retreat is part of the job requirement. There may be special circumstances when the youth leader would be expectt;:d to be available to the youth (i.e. grief counseling, relationship problems, etc.) The Youth Leader would be expected to develop a budget and track expenditures throughout the year. Other duties or expectations may occur as the need becomes apparent.
Qualified Candidates should submit an resume to:
North Olmsted United Methodist Church
4600 Dover Center Road
North Olmsted, Ohio, 44070
Resumes may also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Principle Functions: The Counselor/social worker will address the various emotional and mental health needs of clients seeking support and treatment.
Reports to: This person will report to the Clinical Director as well as the Executive Director.
Qualifications: The applicant should:
1. Be a committed Christian who exhibits a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of life.
3. Have a sincere desire to reach out with the love of Jesus to people in distress.
4. Agree to and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and policies of Oaks.
5. Should have a degree in mental health, social work, or related field of education along with two years of experience.
1. Will provide individual, family, and marriage counseling;
2. Will facilitate, supervise and train volunteers who are providing educational trainings, support or recovery programs;
3. Will Direct and manage the Supervised Visitation Program;
4. Attends community meetings and represents Oaks in community functions as needed;
5. Will participate in grant writing, administration, and management;
6. Participate as needed in various fund raising activities;
7. Will maintain up-to-date records and files;
8. Will maintain ethical state standards of clinical service;
9. Other tasks as identified.
Contact: Oaks Family Care Center; 330. 22. 7777
1. Grow the worship team by recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians/vocalists in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and compassion to invest in the lives of others.
2. Lead weekly rehearsals that prepare for Sunday and cultivate a Christ-centered community while providing creative and technical guidance to the band, vocalists, sound, & AV team. Attend, participate and assist at the 9 & 11 amiConnect worship services.
3. Schedule musicians, vocalists, announcers and music using Worship Planning with a rolling month lead time.
4. Work with iConnect Lead Team to develop meaningful modern worship including planning & scheduling of all special elements (Visuals, dance, drama, video, stage design, prayer and communion.)
5. Select music, develop worship sets, purchase and introduce new music, for the iConnect service.
6. Explore and suggest creative elements and musical options for possible use in worship.
7. Work with the whole church staff team to advance the mission of the congregation. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Who we are:
Mentor UMC is a large suburban church, east of Cleveland, that offers both traditional and modern worship (iConnect). We have approximately 1600 members, with a weekly attendance of approximately 600.
Interested Candidates: Please submit your resume in PDF or Word form, including 3 references, to email@example.com. Use “Attention Director of Modern Worship Search Committee” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos. A full job description will be provided to you upon application.
Please visit our website at mentorumc.org.
STARTING IN MAY 2017
OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
335 Glessner Avenue Mansfield, OH 44903
Varied weekends a month,
Work hours $11; on-call $2.50
(Looking for a career in Chaplaincy)
Call: Rev. Dr. Faith Proietti, BCC (419) 526-8056
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Are you wanting to work.....
The Counseling Source, Inc., based in Cincinnati OH, is currently looking for licensed, master’s level professionals to work on a part time or part-to-full time basis providing mental health services in long term care facilities. A love of interacting with people and the ability to work independently are critical along with competence in the use of computers for documentation management.
Other job placement opportunities exist in long term care facilities, schools and other community settings throughout the state of Ohio.
You will be supported by a network of colleagues throughout the company and if you are not independently licensed, the company will provide you with clinical supervision.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in learning more, please visit us on Facebook at The Counseling Source, Inc. or visit our website at http://www.thecounselingsource.com/.
You may submit your resume to Dr. Dave Turner, Executive Director at (800) 738-9854 [FAX] or firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (513) 314-6027 for more information.
12 of the most important qualities of the Godly pastor we are seeking.
1. Loves the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Makes pastoral calls on people in hospitals, nursing homes, home bound
3. Handles conflict effectively
4. Is compassionate and caring person, sensitive to other's needs
5. Is a person of prayer
6. Works well with children
7. Is an inspired and compelling preacher
8. Grounds decisions and ministry in Biblical perspective
9. Encourages people to apply their faith in daily life
10. Leads by personal example
11. Ministers effectively to people in crisis
12. Is a mature and emotionally secure person
New Minister must be agreeable to associate with and have the Evangelical Association hold their Ordination Credentials.
Our salary/benefits package is open to changes to suit the individual pastor's needs. The parsonage is a ranch style house, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, an attic room that could be used for another bedroom or a study & a full unfinished basement. a small add-on contains a laundry room & extra room that could be used as an office. There is a 2 car garage on the property and an older unfinished building that could be used as a workshop or extra storage. Utilities are paid. It is on a State route road with school bus and mail routes. It has city water and internet service is available.
Contact: Charles Merckle
Address: 33474 State Route 800
New Matamoras, Ohio 45767
Phone: 740-865-3304 Email:email@example.com
This position requires an engaging, vibrant, inclusive person to draw and maintain young adults, 18–34 years old, into the life of a growing church by providing strong faith-based anchors and support. A love of Bible study, worship, music, small groups, outreach/mission, multicultural relations, and fellowship events is a must. Along with other servant leaders, the person must take ministry “to the young adults” in their natural settings, including connecting on college campuses. The position is part of the upper management staffing of the church, with the person being a vital contributor to staff meetings and attending related continuing education. The person will also have oversight of the welcoming and small group ministries of the church and will report directly to the Senior Pastor under the oversight of the Human Relations Sub-team of the Leadership Board.
EXPECTATIONS & COMPENSATION
Please direct inquires to Rev. Dr. Brenda Buckwell, Brenda@lviingstreamsflowingwater.com
Complete information available via link:
To submit an opportunity, please send an email to Susan Icenhour with the following information:
Note that all positions will be posted for 60 days unless notified that they have been filled.Email Susan