2018 Lakeside Leadership Academy (Internship)
WHAT IS LAKESIDE CHAUTAUQUA?
Lakeside Chautauqua is a nonprofit organization that engages individuals in a year-round Chautauqua experience dedicated to nurturing mind, body and spirit. Located halfway between Cleveland and Toledo, it is a historic community that offers spiritual opportunities, educational lectures, cultural arts programming and recreational pursuits for guests of all ages. With daily concerts, special events, lectures, shuffleboard, tennis, waterfront activities, cottages, hotels, shops and restaurants, Lakeside Chautauqua remains a year-round retreat for generations of families. On your days off, visit nearby Cedar Point, Put-in-Bay, Kelleys Island, the Marblehead Lighthouse and other local attractions.
Our mission is “to enrich the quality of life for all people, to foster traditional Christian values and nurture relationships through opportunities for renewal and growth...spiritually, intellectually, culturally and physically...while preserving Lakeside's heritage.”
2018 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
COMPENSATION & INCENTIVES
Lakeside Chautauqua offers a competitive internship compensation package, which includes a $2,000 seasonal stipend, shared housing (rent, water, electric and cable/Internet included), season Chautauqua Pass and season Auto Pass to attend summer programming at Lakeside.
ELIGIBILITY & TIME COMMITMENT
The ideal candidate is enrolled in a college/university with having completed at least one year of an undergraduate degree. Graduate students and recent college graduates are also accepted. Interns are required to work days, evenings, weekends and all summer holidays for a total of 13 to 15 weeks during the summer. Work schedules are determined by supervisors; most positions require a 12-hour work day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit:
Only electronic submissions will be accepted, including follow-up. Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, indicate the internship position that interests you. If you qualify for more than 1 position, please indicate in your cover letter and subject line; limit of 2. Applications are reviewed as they are received. The final deadline is Monday, February 12th.
The Programming – Religious Life Intern assists in the coordination of all activities and operations of the Religious Life Department. The intern reports directly to the Director of Religious Life and consults with the Programming Manager.
The ideal candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, etc.), organized, detail oriented, friendly, well spoken, have some vocational interest in some form of Christian ministry and a basic knowledge of sound equipment set-up.
Please note: the Programming- Religious Life Intern is expected to work days, evenings, weekends and all summer holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES (PLUS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED):
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and minimum of 3 professional references (name and contact information). Only electronic submissions will be accepted, including follow-up. Send materials to email@example.com. In the subject line, indicate the internship position that interests you. If you qualify for more than 1 position, please indicate in your cover letter and subject line; limit of 2. Applications are reviewed as they are received. The final deadline is Monday, February 12th.
Youth Ministry Intern Objective:
• To facilitate and encourage the Christian spiritual growth/ development of Faith Bible Church Youth grades 61 -1th (Currently 4-6 youth). To help them grow in their Christian lives through discipleship, mentoring, relationship building and various group ministry opportunities and spiritual growth activities.
Youth Ministry Intern Personal Expectations & Responsibilities:
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be able to give testimony of their sincere Christian conversion experience.
• Their lives and actions are to exemplify and glorify God by living out Christ in their everyday life.
Youth Ministry Intern Job Expectations & Responsibilities:
• Part Time 8 -10 hours per week non paid internship beginning January 2018 and ending May 2018. The internship may be extended through the summer of 2018 if desired by both the intern and Faith Bible Church.
• Responsible to and under the supervision of the Pastor and Elders. (Weekly meeting w/Pastor).
• Teach weekly Sunday morning Youth Sunday School class (currently 2-3 youth, 6th-11th grade) @ 9:00 a.m.
• Attend/participate in weekly Sunday morning worship service @ 10:15 am.
• Lead one youth meeting weekly (currently 3-5 youth, meet on Tuesdays at 6:30pm).
• Plan/coordinate and supervise (with other adult volunteers) at least one special youth activity/event or missions/service project per month.
*If you are interested in applying for this Youth Ministry Internship position or have any questions please contact:
Pastor Steve Young
Faith Bible Church of the C&MA
7384 C.R. 623 Millersburg, OH 44654
Church Phone: 330-674-4986
Pastors Cell: 330-231-5350
Church Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an opportunity, please send an email to Susan Icenhour with the following information:
Note that all positions will be posted for 60 days unless notified that they have been filled.Email Susan